View previous topic :: View next topic  
muklowd

re: new guardian

hi there folks - just starting out with my first guardian and I am wondering, what do people think is the optimal craft for a Guardian? I am leaning towards Metalcraft to make armor since the Guardian is all about getting hit but my knowledge of the class as well as the crafts is very superficial. So, is there something else that suits the Guardian better throughout his career?
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Honestly I think it will depend less on you class and more on if this is your first toon.

If this is your first toon, money is tough to come by. Going with a craft that will generate cash flow is probably more important. If you really need the best new shiny crafted armor, someone in the kin will probably be willing to build it for you. I do the opposite and run quest gear for the most part when I am leveling. I do know others that go with mostly all crafted.

That said, the big money makers are cook and prospector. Food sells well at the higher end and saves you alot of money if you don't have to buy it. Prospectors collect ore. Ore of most types sells very well (and some for big bucks) on the AH.

Just my thoughts.
muklowd

While this is not my first toon it is my first on this server, so poor old Morrax doesn't have a sugar-daddy bankrolling him ... your point about what sells is a very good one however - I will definitely keep that in mind when deciding on a vocation for him.

Thanks.
BDMarvel

If you plan on rolling up more alts later, I would go with Explorer. You can sell the ore/wood in the short term as a way to make money. Assuming this is for your main, in the long term since you'll have access to ore and wood from higher level areas you can supply your other characters with the materials for the other vocations. I wish I would have made Branick an explorer, it would have helped a lot.

I thought about what everyone said and decided on Tinker in the end. The prospector will give me ore to sell and I get the chance to dabble at cooking - which I quite like.

Of course I may have to create another toon to be a farmer to give me supplies to cook Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> Guardian All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: