Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mysterixox

re: Xmas in July.

Hey all Happy

Well July is fast approaching so this is what I have so far. Any help, donations etc would be great.

Trivia.
Gilderbrand said he was great with prizes (I have to assume in giving them and not receiving them :D) So if it is ok with him, he will give out the prizes for the Trivia competition.

Hopefully Dam will read the questions. I can get the questions ready so that is all good.

Do we have 4 small trivia competitions (1 a week) or do we have one bigger one once? Let me know what you would like.

Horse Races.
With Calddir AFK at the moment, I am trying to organise the AEF racing. The plan was to have 3 minor events that the winners will qualify for the final, major race at the end of the month. I think, the thinking was that 1st, 2nd and possibly 3rd, qualify and the final race was closed to other entries. At this stage though, there may only be one big race where the prize money will be whatever gold I can dig up (literally as I am mining ore and selling to make some money). I would need race officials for the event to watch and ensure that contestants stick to the rules etc.

If you're interested, please let me know. Calddir also mentioned doing a Breed Show, so virtually a horse parade of all the different horses. Not sure if I can organise this, but can try. If you would like to take part, please let me know.

House and Yard Decorating.
Get out your Yule Decos and decorate the house for Xmas in July.
Branick from the Lotro Academy and hopefully Calddir (If not then me,) from the AEF are two of the three judges. It would be good if a S&H Officer or member would volunteer to be the third.

Secret Santa.
This would be a kin only event and would be run the same as the Secret Santa last December.

To make this a Server Event, I was wondering if we could pick one new player to lotro, so a low level character that we see around, and give them 1 gold or something to use towards getting their first house or their first horse. We could send it to them in the mail.

Carolling
It would be great if Concerning Swifty could walk around the streets of Bree somewhere mid July playing Xmas carols.

Ok so that is it so far. If you have any suggestions or donations for prizes, please let me know. You can PM me here, catch me on Skype (Mysterixox) or see me in game.

Have fun

Myst Happy

Not sure what all I can do, haven't ever been very good with events and such. I do have a SMK in every profession and tons of resources, anything I can chip in with I'm more than happy to help out, just let me know. :-)

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Mysterixox

Hey there Wulfee,

Anything you can do will be greatly appreciated. I will be making a post about the event on the Lotro Academy Forum to help make the event a success. I am also still busy mining etc and selling on the AH to get the prize money needed for the Racing. I am now up to 5 gold :D

So any donations of prizes is great. I am gonna clean out my vault and anything that isn't bound I think will become a prize. Nice to Spring clean during summer for a Winter event Happy

Have fun

Myst

re: Calling all Riders

Hey there.

As part of Xmas in July, on Sat 9th July (EDT) at 3pm, the AEF is going to do a type of breed show. What we are aiming for is to have one of every breed represented in a parade through Bree. At this stage, we are going to start at the south gate of Bree and work our way through the streets until we leave by the west gate and up to the Festival Grounds. Once we are at the Festival Grounds, the Lotro Academy will be sponsoring a maze race.

If you would like to participate in the parade, could you please let me know and also what breed horse you would like to ride. As I said, we would like to get one of each breed no matter if it is a horse or pony.

Hopefully people will join the parade as we weave our way through the streets and if we don't have enough participants for a breed show parade, we will just have a normal horse parade Happy I hope all this makes sense to everyone.

Thanx for your support and I will post more on this soon.

Have fun
Myst. twisted

Awarded:

Hey, Mysteri!

Well, now that I'm back from my Michigan trip, I'm all up for anything. I can handle the trivia, every Saturday in July (starting with the second, to give us time to get prize donations). I'll come up with the questions, too.

Concerning Swifty would have to have a rehearsal. Maybe we can try to bring it together after this Friday's raid.

We'll have to talk in vent when there's a chance. I've tried to reach you in chat and have not had much luck.

Talk soon.

Thanx for the help Dam.

I hope Michigan was fun Happy Vent and Skype on my computer don't seem to want to play nice together. I have to uninstall and reinstall Vent and hopefully get it to work again. I mod for Dragon Age, so getting rid of Skype isn't an option as I do a lot of mod chats there. I will certainly try and get it fixed within the next day or two.

I have no lag issues, but chat in game still seems to have some problems as well. Some days I have it and some days I don't. I am emailing Turbine about it and seeing if it is something they need to fix on their end. It might get fixed by Xmas this year, since they just answered a bug report from last December.

Gotta fly. There is no rest for the wicked and work is waiting for me I will catch up with you sooner or later, hopefully sooner and once again, thanx for all the help. I appreciate it.

Have fun

Myst

I would love to help in any way possible, although I don't know what times I could commit to yet. I can probably commit a few gold for prizes, would love to join in the parade (Spring Blue Roan is my favorite pony) and can provide a warm, instrument playing body if provided with .abc files for music... although my Guard might need some mentoring in the ways of more instruments, or I could finally bring my poor neglected minnie into the Kin.

For gold-farming purposes I know Inn of the Forsaken was good for a few gold per run, but with Tier 2 still being locked I don't know how good it would be.
Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

I am more than willing to donate gold....just let me know what character to send it to.

As far as your "breed show", we do have a page in the hammiki that lists what characters have what horse. Its a bit out of date, but if you want to update it as people send you info (or look there for people's horses) that would be great.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

--Dod

Dod just send gold to char named: Kaarel

And thx for your kindness!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: