Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damworth Incorporated
Officer

Awarded:

re: Concerning Swifty/Christmas Carols and the Band

For weeknight performances on / around / before / between weeknight raids.

Just respond to this thread if yer willing to play in the band, meet for a common time of downloading tunes (somebody help me!), and rock it out for Xmas in July.

Awarded:

Willing to play whenever I can.
ValiantTurtle

I'd love to join in anytime. My main carries a lute with him all the time but I can get him a horn (or get him mentored in something else). I've got a Minnie who was somewhat abandoned when I got the RK and haven't bothered to have him inducted into the Kin yet.
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

ValiantTurtle wrote:
I'd love to join in anytime. My main carries a lute with him all the time but I can get him a horn (or get him mentored in something else). I've got a Minnie who was somewhat abandoned when I got the RK and haven't bothered to have him inducted into the Kin yet.

Send me a tell sometime, I have a mini that can mentor you in almost anything
A Minstrel

I would very much like to play in the band!

I am also able to mentor several instruments; so just give me a shout if
you can't find Gil in-game, though I cannot imagine when that would ever
occur. wink

Awarded:

We need to set up a time to rehearse and see what we want to play/download the toons. I am available whenever, we could do it any weeknight, just not to early for me or to late for Dam.

I would also like to make the suggestion that as many as possible use the songbook plugin. It really makes group play easy since it knows your library and all songs are a couple quick clicks to be ready to play.

You can find it here: http://www.lotrointerface.com/downloads/info380-Songbook.html

Download it and unzip it to a "Plugins" Folder that you create in your lord of the rings folder that should be in your documents area. The lord of the rings folder is where your screen shots are located. You can start the plugin in game by typing "/plugins load songbook" in the chat line.

Let me know if you need help getting it working, I will do what I can.
Damworth Incorporated
Officer

Awarded:

Thanks for the responses!

I wanna be very mindful of when Gil is able to come online versus when I get wiped out and log. Post if it's possible for you to come in and jam and get some common songs together in the half hour leading up to Dod's raid on Tuesday Happy If that doesn't see a lot of commonality, we'll try for another time.

I was looking for Christmas songs at the fat lute and a lot of them are listed with "Christmas" as the artist. Here's a link:
http://www.thefatlute.com/Songs.aspx?s_artist=christmas

I should be able to get on Tuesday, although I can't guarantee getting on at 7:30. I'll do my best. My most reliable times are generally 10pm - 11pm.

I attempted my first midi to abc conversion yesterday and I'm happy with the results. I've been playing the Chariots of Fire theme during the hobbit and dwarf races but wasn't that happy with the file I had so I converted it on my own. I think the one I was using combined 3 tracks into 1. I converted just the keyboard and think it sounds better.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: