Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BDMarvel

re: Sat. July 9: Christmas In July Events!

Server: Arkenstone
When: July 9, 2011 (Times Noted Below)

Events Schedule: (All Times Eastern Daylight Time)

2:00pm - ~3:00pm:
Swifty & Hammo Presents: Lord of the Rings Trivia
Damworth has promised a deep well of lore to draw trivia questions from. This will be a weekly event, occuring every following Saturday in July as well. The perfect way to kick off our Christmas In July shenanigans each week.

3:00pm - ~3:30pm:
Arkenstone Equestrian Federation Presents: Horse and Pony Parade
Starting by the South Bree Stables, the parade will wind through Bree and northward, ending at the Hedge Maze in the Festival Grounds, where the next event will begin when all participants have arrived.

~3:30 - whenever
LOTRO Academy Presents: The A-MAZE-ing Race
When the horn blows, participants will take off through the Hedge Maze. The first person to navigate the maze, zone through the exit, and initiate trade with Branick will be the winner. (Please keep the race fair, don't use any speed buffs)

I hope to see Swifty & Hammo well represented at these events. There may be many alts visiting from other servers, so lets show them that Arkenstone knows how to party. See you all next Saturday! Happy

Awarded:

Hey Branick,

I will be around unless something comes up. July is always a tough month with everyone trying to take vacations or just spend time outdoors in the nice weather.

As I told Caldir when he first mentioned the idea to me, you should try for shorter events, particularly if you are doing them often. Our parties have often run 2 hours and we loose people after the first hour or so. Most just want to come for a bit and then head back to instances or other commitments. Many will answer trivia from wherever they are questing and only show up if they win.

For the events you have already posted, I know Dam is always good with the trivia, and those that want to parade will just click and follow the leader, but how have you worked out the maze race? Are you just letting folks use whatever horse they want? With so many different run speeds this will favor those with the fastest horses, no run buffs needed. It will also favor those that know the maze over anyone that has not seen it or has seen it only a few times. Since you are organizing the event I am guessing you have worked this out, but I just wanted to make sure.
BDMarvel

You can't ride horses in the maze. It's a foot race. And of course it'll favor those who know the maze. It's a maze, that's how they work. There's plenty of time for anyone interested to go learn their way around the maze before the race.

Awarded:

That's fine, I have never set foot in the Maze so I did not know.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: