Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

re: NEW WEEKNIGHT CASUAL/OPEN RAID!

Fellow S&Hers,

I'd like to take this time to thank all of you for making this a great kin to be in! You all are helpful to one another in kin and out giving us a great reputation around the server! We're just a casual kin but we're great at giving advice, crafting, helping with quests, and raiding!

Speaking of raiding...have any of you ever been interested in raiding but feel like you'd be a burden or don't know your class well enough? Or maybe our weekend raid times just don't work for you? Or maybe you're just intimidated by the entire concept of "raiding"...

Well then this is the post for you! (okay enough with the salesman crap, I'll get to the point)

Dod's Casual D.N. Raid

I'm going to try to start running a D.N. kin run every Tuesday & Thursday night. As of this point it will be A COMPLETELY CASUAL RAID. Its purpose is to get new people familiar with raiding if they're intersted and get them some sweet gear. This will not be a high pressure raid (not that our weekend one's are). Its a learning experience for new people, and a weeknight raid for those who can't make it on the weekends. The only requirements are below:

1. You must be around level 60+.
    2. We'd prefer it if you used our calendar to sign up each week (but if you forget to and are on that night, we'll take you as long as we have room).

Easy? Here is the schedule I'm proposing:

- The raid will do the first half of D.N. (Dar Narbugund) on Thursday nights from 7:30pm-9:30pm EST. (probably the first 2-3 bosses).

- Tuesday night we'll do the last half of the raid from 7:30pm-9:30pm EST. (these times may adjust depending upon people's thoughts)

- The loot rule (as of this point) will simply be if you help take down a boss, you'll get a chance to roll for the armor piece as long as you haven't won an armor piece for that week's given raid. (in short, 1 raid piece per raid week). The rest of the stuff that drops (jewellery, runes, settings, etc) are open roll (if you can use them of course). (NOTE: these rules may change as time progresses depending upon interest in the raid and people running it).

That's it. I'm trying to make it easy and open for anyone who is interested. We're not trying to become a raiding kin, but we do feel it is an awesome aspect of the game that some people don't get the chance to participate that often in. We'd love to see new people giving it a try, and we're more than willing to give you a hand if you have any questions (check out our in progress class guide here: Raid Class Tips ).

If you're afraid some nights you can't commit to the full raid time, that's fine! Just let me know. If some other time works better for you, let me know in this thread! If you can make it some nights and not others...no problem! Want to bring an alt in on some nights? Feel free (as long as we can achieve a reasonable class balance). I'm really trying to keep it open for all who are interested.

I'm thinking our first attempt at this will be on June 2nd and the sign-up is already on the calendar. Hope to see you there!

--Dod

P.S. Please let me know of your thoughts/comments/agreements/disagreements/hatred below or in a private message.

Awarded:

Lets do it!

I already told Echi that I will need to be on for raids a couple nights a week. Happy to lend my support and hopefully get others into the raid experience - the way we raid, casual, is really a nice way to spend some time, hone your skills and get a chance at some gear which is still arguably some of the best around.

Count me in!
-Dazy-
Officer

Raiding really is a lot of fun (especially with S&H!) and it would be great to see more people join us. And this is a great idea, Dod.

Especially for people who think they may not be "skilled" enough to raid. This is a perfect opportunity to ask questions and help build skills and confidence. Because we have DN on "farm status", meaning we know all the strategies for the bosses, we can focus on helping those new to raiding and/or wanting to improve their skills in their class.

I am happy to fill any open spots if needed.

BDMarvel

Once I get Branick up to level, I'd like to participate. Since I'm not currently VIP, will I need a particular quest pack?

Awarded:

BDMarvel wrote:
Once I get Branick up to level, I'd like to participate. Since I'm not currently VIP, will I need a particular quest pack?

Branick, it looks like you'd need the Lothlorien quest pack. We'd love to see you come join us!

--Dod

Awarded:

My last day of school is 6/17. As soon as I'm on summer break, I'm in--any toon ya want.

Awarded:

Damworth Incorporated wrote:
My last day of school is 6/17. As soon as I'm on summer break, I'm in--any toon ya want.

./cry...

Where is my summer break...

We all know that these stories of classes so you don't loose your job, teaching summer school, prep for next year and all that other stuff you claim is just a cover for you working on your tan and staying us late sitting in front of the computer for 2 months...

jk wink
BDMarvel

Dodinas wrote:
BDMarvel wrote:

Branick, it looks like you'd need the Lothlorien quest pack. We'd love to see you come join us!

--Dod

Nope, I've got the expansions. Quest packs are only relevant for Shadows of Angmar content. So I'll get there soon enough. Happy

Awarded:

I put Thangwen down for tentative for Thursday's run (July 7th) as she's now done with all the deeds and quests in there, and signed up Grumpli instead. I can still tank if absolutely needed, but obviously want to start working on the quests and deeds on characters who still need them. If not immediately, then by the end of the month I'm hoping we can get an experienced tank (preferably a guardian) to take over the main tank role for me.

dangit I'm only lvl 50 atm
Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

Gammi wrote:
I put Thangwen down for tentative for Thursday's run (July 7th) as she's now done with all the deeds and quests in there, and signed up Grumpli instead. I can still tank if absolutely needed, but obviously want to start working on the quests and deeds on characters who still need them. If not immediately, then by the end of the month I'm hoping we can get an experienced tank (preferably a guardian) to take over the main tank role for me.

Sounds good Gammi...btw, I completely forgot you wanted a port down to the entrance last night. If you haven't run there yet, let me know when i'm online and i'll toss you a port.

Granny Goose wrote:
dangit I'm only lvl 50 atm

You'll get to 60 soon enough ;)

ouch Gammi still hates Wardens :D
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Peeterr wrote:
ouch Gammi still hates Wardens :D

Gammi is going to get an "Ortheri" lesson soon I think....
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: