Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calddir Nenharma
Calddir

re: Swifty and Hammo Band

There was once a Swifty and Hammo band.. and there should be once again..:-)

All interested members should contact me in game and lets get into some serious musik..:-)

I was thinking of putting together a few different sets.... traditional folk, modern rock, and perhaps some newage classical elven style sets for presentation and performance at our kin events..:-)

Playing music in game is easy once you learn how..:-) Playing in sync is quite a fun way to get into the spirit of middle earth..:-)

Look forward to our future performances..Happy

A Minstrel

Count me in, Calddir!

I am excited by the prospect of being a part of this and would be delighted to mentor any kinmates who wish to acquire various instrument proficiencies.

I am SO IN!!

Zelotes is my captain who can play Horn I think and Lute, I used to be in a band back in the days before S&H and TLH with my original guild, Immortal (some of you may remember Nerobus and Vegga). Had great fun just jamming out in the Bree Auction Hall or wherever with a full 6-person fellowship, playing "Don't Fear the Reaper" and the "Conan the Barbarian" theme, etc.

They've made changes to the music system since then, I believe, but I'm more than happy to be in the band if you'll have me on guitar or horn. He's got an eyepatch and long black hair, so just needs a top hat to be Ye Olde Slashe. ;)

A band has gotta have crazy thematic outfits though, do you guys have them picked out? For a while I was working on a Spanish Inquisition (from Monty Python) outfit but am happy to put together whatever else works to make a spectacle. Happy
-Dazy-
Officer

We talked about this in game, Cal but I will post here as well that I am definitely interested in the band.

The band was originally called "Concerning Swifty" which (I believe) is a play on the hobbit theme song composed by Howard Shore entitled Concerning Hobbits.

I am eager to play cover music but am especially excited to compose original music for us to play. The first piece I'll attempt to convert to the LOTRO system is this original piece I wrote entitled Courts of Rivendell:

http://tinyurl.com/Courts-Of-Rivendell

The main instrument is a Mountain Dulcimer and the rest of the instruments are digital.

Let me know if this is a style of music you all would be interested in playing?

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

I am horrible at picking music, but I am very good at playing it.... thanks to the songbook plug-in.

With that in mind I shall be happy to play as part of the band.
Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

Count me in too! :-)

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Woodh

looks like I wont be the only tall this time.

Who are we missing besides Lusea?

for Concerning Swifty that is...
CaelithZel

Original compositions are a very cool idea, I'm all for it Happy
Calddir Nenharma
Calddir

I am hoping for a full set of original music... would really be something to hold a concert of original music, particularly of a professional level like Dazy is creating!

In short, my vision is to have a number of full sets of tunes of various styles to suit as many people as possible. Each set would consist of perhaps 6 to 10 tunes, all prearranged and set up in each band members music folders for quick access.

LOTRO set (film music, game music, etc)
classical (mozart, bach, schubert, etc)
new age folk (enya, enigma, etc)
classic rock (ozzy, jethro tull, deep purple, etc)
comedic (sanford & son theme, etc)
scot/welch/irish folk (blackbird, steeleye span, etc)
not to mention... original (dazy)
etc as desired

I am quite sure that it will be successful and draw quite a crowd!

See you all on saturday..:-)

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Just fyi, it usually works best if one person gathers the files for download. It makes it easier for all and assures that we are all playing from the correct version of the song.

I believe Gammi has done this service in the past so I suggest starting with him if you don't know a good way to do this.
Calddir Nenharma
Calddir

Gilderbrand wrote:
Just fyi, it usually works best if one person gathers the files for download. It makes it easier for all and assures that we are all playing from the correct version of the song.

I believe Gammi has done this service in the past so I suggest starting with him if you don't know a good way to do this.

sounds good gil..thanks..:-)

Arlan of Arkenstone
Leader

Very much looking forward to joining in.

Alasse, I'm sure I'll need your help as I only have Lute, Clarinet and basic Cowbell currently.

Calddir, thanks for putting this together, sounds like great fun.

Dazy, nice original track.
ValiantTurtle

I'm definitely interested. I've got Anvil Studio and lotro midi player installed and have played around with them in the past. The chariots of fire theme I occasionally play in-game is one I converted from midi myself because the existing solo arrangements tried to cram too many instruments into it.
Damworth Incorporated
Officer

Awarded:

Dazy, I LOVE "Courts of Rivendell"!

I'ma try to get the stuff downloaded again (with help). You guys know how lost I am at this stuff.

And Dazy is right--"Concerning Swifty" comes from "Concerning Hobbits", which we always used to play wink

I think we should play Crazy Train, too. It's a real crowd pleaser!

Jump to: