Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damworth Incorporated
Officer

Awarded:

re: Officership in Swifty and Hammo

At the request of Officer Chicory wink , and because I think it would be fair to have this laid out clearly, I'm posting this thread so anyone who visits our site may know what goes into my decisions about who gets made an officer, and when. Let me first say that this great kin is defined by all its members, not officers-only, and I feel very lucky to be in the game in the best kin on Arkenstone. When you think about what everyone contributes--from Branick's podcasts, to Sparowen's and Hannah's party shenanigans, to the running and slightly schizophrenic musings of Woodh, our resident den mother, I think it's important that all of you know how valued you all are. Our kin would not be the same without any of ya Happy

Officers in Swifty and Hammo make decisions about when events are scheduled. These include but are not limited to raids, fellowships, kin events and celebrations, and things like that. They organize, they lead.

Officers in Swifty and Hammo have been in the kin at least four months.

Officers in Swifty and Hammo offer advice and help to members of the kin. Help can be in the form of crafting, partnering--not to be confused with power levelling--and bringing along those of us who are continuously lost and confused (myself being the most common case).

Officers in Swifty and Hammo communicate, whether in chat, in vent, on the forums, or ideally (but not necessarily universally) all three on a regular basis.

Officers in the kin are consulted on difficult issues that involve us all--which, not to be redundant--most recently concerned what constitutes officer criteria. New officers are always approved by existing officers.

Old officers, now returned to the game, will almost certainly re-acquire their red flags once they've been back awhile--if they want it. Which brings me to the next thing....

Officers have to want the rank. I'll speak to each potential candidate in the future and not just surprise them with promotions.

No more than one new officer will be promoted per month.

I hope this clears the air a little bit. There are a lot of folks out there who just want to be in kin and play the game and enjoy the company and craziness that Swifty and Hammo always brings. I say to you--thank God for ya! The pie is on me!

Proposed amendment:

Officers should acknowledge that Star Wars sucks.

re: :)

Denied!

Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

TheJadeStorm wrote:
Proposed amendment:

Officers should acknowledge that Star Wars sucks.

Counter proposal: Any member who doesn't acknowledge the creative awesomeness that is the Star Wars universe (prequels excluded) should be demoted to recruit.

TheJadeStorm wrote:
Denied!

Wait, I have no power here -- dammit!!! How do I delete Dod's post?

Here let me demonstrate how to delete a post.

oh OH LOL!

Elerene Ostinato

HAHAHAH! Well played sir, well played!

Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week. wink

Peeterr

Quote:
Counter proposal: Any member who doesn't acknowledge the creative awesomeness that is the Star Wars universe (prequels excluded) should be demoted to recruit.

Waiting for my demotion ;)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: