Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bubba_hairyfoot

re: I am back(ish)

Hey all, I've been lurking online for the last week or so, but it looks like I'm starting to get the itch again for Lotro. I'm working on getting my RuneKeeper to 65, as well as possibly the original Bubba, but those things I have a good handle on.

One thing I'm curious about is what should I focus on with Lavrandir? He has the full radiance set from Moria, not sure how useful that is. Also have a level 60 2nd age Halberd, which I hear is now nigh unto useless.

Where should I focus with Lav to get his gear up to snuff?
Jalthir

Ahoy Bubbah ! Good to see you again.

About your Captain:

1. The Moria set is still relevant. You can look at exchanging the helm/shoulders for barter pieces in Mirkwood and Book 3 rewards. The acid mitigation bonus from the Moria set is useful in the Ost Dunhoth raid as well so hang on to it.

2. You definitely need level 65 legendary weapons - even the 65 3rd ages have better dps than a 60 first age.
Crafted 2nd ages are relatively easy to get - you need to do skirmishes for the one of the materials or run SG (Mirkwood 6 man). I'm happy to help with instance run and/or make you the weapons if you don't have a Supreme weaponsmith.

3. Don't forget about crafted relics, the highest tier requiring lvl 65 weapon. They provide quite a decent boost in dps and crit. They are BOA - so hopefully you have a SM on your cappy. Talk to your respective guild for the recipe + barter. You need to do a quest in Mirkwood (Ost Galadh) for one of the materials (the material is not boa so you can get it on alt as well).

4. As far as jewelry/items - good pocket items from Enedwaith Rangers and Inn of Forsaken barter. Good necklace from running Attack at Dawn and Icy Crevasse skirmishes. Earrings from North Cotton Farms. Good melee bracelets and rings from Halls of Night - maybe not the best for raiding cappy though they lack ICPR.

I'll happily run anything whenever you find me online!

Cheers
bubba_hairyfoot

1. Good to know all that time wasn't wasted, I'll check into the helm and shoulders for the Mirkwood stuff.

2. Ok.. so what do I need to get from the skirmishes to make the 2nd age stuff? And I would likely need some help on the SM Weaponsmithing.

3. So, are you saying that those crafted relics are only available to people with the crafting skill to make them? Do all crafting skills have the ability to craft them? Bubbah is a SM Metalsmith/Tailor and Lav is a SM Jeweler.

I might take you up on the offer to help. Daphodil, my wife, is also playing again too so it might end up being that I actually play Bubbah for a while while she gets up to 65.
Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Hi Bubbah! Welcome back!

If you need any crafted jewelry just let me know. There are a bunch of us that can make whatever you need. I can also make any of the craftable legendary items. All you need is a flake, the fragments and the symbol for a 65 2nd age, or 1st age for that matter.

Pen and Gammi are good references for what a cappy needs. One thing I know is that cappies usually carry a "buff stick". The best buff sticks at this point (unless you land a 65 1st age) are 60 1st ages. A bunch of us have been running DN where the barter items for the 60 1st ages drop. I got plenty and so do some of other (Dod does I am pretty sure). Drop one of us a tell and we can barter you a shinny new buff stick to start leveling - assuming you don't have one already.

As for the crafted relics, you can get the 1st and 2nd tier, just ask, someone will make them for you. For the 3rd tier - usable by 65's only, you need a quest reward from the relic master in Emun Lum and the recipe. The recipe is from the legendary recipe guy in all craft guild halls. You need to be kindred in any craft to get the recipe and yes, you have to make the top tier yourself.

Drop in vent when you get a chance, we can fill you in on all the specifics a lot quicker than I can type.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: