Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

re: Account Hacked

So yes, my account was hacked earlier today as many of you heard. As to the how and all that I have no idea how it was done. Very security minded and all that and it still happened.

This is just an post to remind folks to take their online security seriously ingame and out. Change all passwords often and use firewalls and anti-virus.

As to what to use it's mostly personal preference in my opinion, the most important thing is to stay up to date and scan on a regular basis.

Also, another item that someone suggested a while back is a keyscrambler, at the time I thought it was a good idea but didn't implement it. As to whether or not it would actually foil a hacker is in question but I am using one now just on the off chance that it may be the one thing that foils a hacker, or at least piss him off enough to leave my account alone.

The one I'm using right now is http://www.qfxsoftware.com/ the premium version. I know it's a bit of money right up front but so far from what I've seen and from all the reviews it's the real deal. Just taking that added extra bit of security to make sure I'm safe ingame and out.

But anyways, stay safe and hope to see ya'll ingame soon.

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
Tavinnea Inriathan

Oh no Wulfy that really sucks!! Were they able to fix it for you? I hope so. I haven't logged into mine in a while. I hope it's still there.
Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

Still working on it, they say it's released but they haven't told me how to get back into it yet. Hopefully soon.

Wulfy - 130 - Captain - HM Westemnet Tinker / Ceedric - 130 - Loremaster - HM Westemnet Historian / Dreucilla - 130 - Champion - HM Westemnet Armsman / Rihannsu - 130 - Guardian - HM Westemnet Woodsman / Diesirae - 117 - Hunter - HM Westemnet Explorer / Krysteel - 130 - Burglar - HM Westemnet Amourer / Dachef - 117 - Minstrel - HM Westemnet Yeoman
CaelithZel

That's awful, why is it taking them so long to fix it? Hope they speed it up and we see you back in game soon and that all your stuff is intact!

On the subject, does Turbine have an authenticator app to help prevent such things?
Wulfy
Wulfee
Officer

Ok, account reacquired, woo. Still working on the missing stuff, looks like all they got was my gold, tickets are in and working on it. And no, all they have as far as I know is that captcha (I hate that) thing that is supposed to be for bots. Hoping that they'll allow me to change my user name as the hacker seems to know that. Glad to be back and will see folks ingame. :-)

Gilderbrand
Leader

Awarded:

Wulfee wrote:
Glad to be back and will see folks ingame. :-)

You have just depressed Dod immensely.... Great Job!!! envy

It is great to know you are back and good to know that you did not loose alot. Hopefully you will get the rest back soon. In the mean time, if there is anything you need to carry you over, you know, like 50 gold or something.... Ask Dod... Make sure you tell him it is your account restoration fee and he owes you.
Shortline/Dod
Officer

Awarded:

Awww, no more random demotes for Wulfy...sad day....

But Gil is absolutely right...if you need gold, let me know. I recently 'acquired' a bunch from a very...uhh...generous donor who didn't know he was such a giving person! :P

--Dod, the Sneaky Sammich

(On a serious note, glad to have you back in game with only minor, hopefully recoverable, loses!)

Thank you everyone for the offers of assistance. Account is reacquired and they have given me most if not all of my gold back so no need. I certainly appreciate all the help and support during this time it's been a mess.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Swifty and Hammo Forum Index -> The Town Crier All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: